Exploitation of Future Technology for Telecommunications and Energy
Telecommunications & Energy Laboratories undertakes comprehensive technologies including IT-related technologies from photonic device to photonic subsystems and energy –related technologies such as superconductivity application, automation electricity distribution system, electricity storage systems and exploitation of ocean energy in an effort to sophisticate telecommunication and energy related infrastructures.
The landmark technologies emerging from the Telecommunications & Energy Laboratories contribute to the construction of not only worldwide optic communication networks but also new energy and new infrastructures such as smart grid and smart community in addition to the advancements of industrial electronics and consumer products.
Message from the Manager
Telecommunication & Energy Laboratories are in charge of wide spread research projects, such as ultra-low loss optical fibers, high-speed optical devices, wideband optical amplifiers, high-temperature superconductive power-cables/ magnets, transmission riser cable/pipe for marine-energies, and smart-energy distribution/ storage systems.
All these projects will lead to the key building-blocks and basic technologies, which sustain the future infrastructure of advanced safety, security, and efficiency. We believe that the results of the projects will benefit next-generation society & Earth.
We take pride in our research with continuous challenges to create new products in telecommunication & energy. It is our commitment to the corporate philosophy; to the realization of a sustainable society.
High-capacity communications and smart infrastructure
- Optical fiber and related technologies
- Next-generation crosslinking technologies
- A variety of environmentally friendly cable materials
- Riser cables/umbilical cables
- A variety of heat insulating pipes/ hoses for LNG transport
- A variety of pipes/hoses for oil feed and water supply
- Fiber lasers
- Ultra-high-power semiconductor lasers
- Digital coherent optical communications
- Next-generation passive/ active optical components
- Optical communication system for next-generation distribution automation
- Battery energy storage systems for electricity supply-demand balance
- Network protocol technologies
- Next-generation optical access systems
- Superconducting power cables/application equipment
Contact for inquiries about research and development.