Single Cell Hunter
Microchip-based high-throughput screening system helps open
innovation and creativity in life sciences.
The 5th Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Award
Single Cell Hunter integrates unique microchip, high-throughput screening and high-precision cell acquisition technologies, providing a promising and versatile platform to identify and recover the live single cells of interest that have the most powerful physiological functions.
Different from flow cytometer, Single Cell Hunter analyzes live cells on a microchip within a temperature-adjustable chamber with an exceptional advantage in catching the responses of stimulated cells under a near-physiological conditions and in identifying them in a time-lapse mode, which enables accurate evaluation of the real potential of each cell.
Besides standard microchips for dynamic identification and recovery of fluorescence-labeled cells, the pre-coated microchips are available to perform fluorescence-linked immunosorbent assay for identification of the cells that have an ability to secrete antibodies or specific antigen proteins.
Single Cell Hunter offers multi-color high-sensitivity screening using multiple-parameter fluorescent signals and transmitted light signal. Its artificial intelligence-based high-precision cell-friendly pick-up and drop-off technology enables recovery of even a single yeast cell as small as 3-μm in diameter from a 10-μm micro-well.
- High sensitivity and resolution ideal for identifying various kinds of cells and DNA fragments
- High-precision single cell pick-up and- drop off
- High-speed and multicolor real-time & time-lapse analysis
- High-throughput screening with high-density microchips up to 338,560 wells
- Easy to learn, use and maintain
- Small footprint
- Yoshimoto N, Kida A, Jie X, Kurokawa M, Iijima M, Niimi T, Maturana AD, Nikaido I, Ueda HR, Tatematsu K, Tanizawa K, Kondo A, Fujii I, Kuroda S. An automated system for high-throughput single cell-based breeding. Sci. Rep. 3, 1191 (2013) [PubMed]
- Kida A, Iijima M, Niimi T, Maturana AD, Yoshimoto N, Kuroda S. Cell surface-fluorescence immunosorbent assay for real-time detection of hybridomas with efficient antibody secretion at the single-cell level. Anal. Chem. 85, 1753-1759 (2013)[PubMed]
- Yoshimoto N, Kuroda S. Single-cell-based breeding: rational strategy for the establishment of cell lines from a single cell with the most favorable properties. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 117, 394-400 (2014) [PubMed]
- Yoshimoto N, Tatematsu K, Iijima M, Niimi T, Maturana AD, Fujii I, Kondo A, Tanizawa K, Kuroda S. High-throughput de novo screening of receptor agonists with an automated single-cell analysis and isolation system. Sci. Rep. 4, 4242 (2014) [PubMed]
- Suzuki M, Yoshimoto N, Shimono K, and Kuroda S. Deciphering the Receptor Repertoire Encoding Specific Odorants by Time-Lapse Single-Cell Array Cytometry. Sci. Rep. 6, 19934 (2016) [PubMed]
- Yoshimoto N, Ikeda Y, Tatematsu K, Iijima M, Nakai T, Okajima T, Tanizawa K, and Kuroda S. Cytokine-dependent activation of JAK-STAT pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 113, 1796-1804 (2016) [PubMed]
- Yoshimoto N., and Kuroda, S. High-throughput analysis of mammalian receptor tyrosine kinase activation in yeast cells. Methods Mol. Biol. 1487, 35-52 (2017) [PubMed]