Although we have taken continuing actions toward arranging better working conditions for women and promoting employee work-life balance since the 2005 fiscal year, we are also proceeding with a wide range of other measures to accelerate the creation of working environments which can allow our diverse human resources to be fully active. These measures include the establishment of a Diversity Promotion Office in April 2014, activities to enhance the awareness of diversity and inclusion, measures to promote the activity of women, and advancement of autonomous work-life management by employees.
Human Resource Management Policy
The Furukawa Electric Group aims to make use of a diverse range of talented people all over the world to become a corporate group overflowing with creativity and dynamism. Continually developing human resources who are truly capable of embodying our group philosophy is the key principle behind how we manage human resources.
Awareness of diversity and inclusion3>
Embrace diverse human resources and foster a culture in which each of our strengths can be demonstrated.
- The transmission from the top management
- Consciousness and behavioral change of management layer (implementation of e-learning about D&I, penetration of "ikbos" in cooperation with the work Style reform project, etc.)
- Awareness raising for employees (implementation of e-learning on harassment prevention, improvement understanding of sexual orientation etc.)
- Implementation of human rights education for new officers, new managers and new employees
- Publication of company Newsletters
- Implementation of Employee Awareness surveys
- Holding the event throughout the company
Measures to promote women's careers [promotion of management positions, career development support, recruitment enhancement, etc.]3>
Deepen individual engagement and strategically foster female managers
- Mentor program
- Dispatch of female employees to external programs
- Support for individual development of female managerial candidates
- Internal and external networking activities of female employees
- Introduction of seminars and interview sheets for employees who take childcare leave
Promoting autonomous work-life management3>
Support the flexible working style of employees and aim to improve job satisfaction and work styles
- Support for ﬂexible working styles (promotion of various support systems such as telework, etc)
- Promotion of male child-rearing participation (creation of child care brochure)
- Compatibility between work and nursing care
Topics: Holding a Diversity Forum
We regularly conduct lectures by experts to promote understanding of diversity and inclusion, and a company-wide forum for the purpose of promoting women's activities. In FY 2018, “V Challenge !! Forum” was held as part of diversity promotion activities at Yokohama works of Furukawa Electric. Nearly 80 people including group company participated, and exchanged views very actively about respecting the diversity of individuals and the importance of being involved and helping each other.