The World's Fastest Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer for a 5G Society
- Furukawa Electric Releases the S124M12 Optical Fiber Ribbon Fusion Splicer -
- The ideal fusion splicer for the 5G communications required for sophisticated, advanced information societies and for the high-capacity, ultra-high fiber count cable splicing required for the widespread availability of data centers.
- Contributes to faster, more efficient installation of the optical fibers required for higher capacity, faster information.
- Dramatically improves the efficiency of optical fiber splicing work.
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Head Office: 2-2-3, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Keiichi Kobayashi) has launched sales of our newly developed S124M12 multi-core optical fiber fusion splicer.
The S124M Series is designed to enable the user to replace the fiber guide (V-groove unit) for high-precision fiber alignment on their own when splicing optical fibers together. Similarly, these fusion splicers enable the user to splice a variety of optical fiber cables simply by replacing the V-groove base frame.
Coinciding with the recent dramatic increase in the amount of data traffic, data centers and metropolitan networks now require higher capacity, multi-fiber cable networks more than ever before. To meet this need, we offer space-saving, optical fiber cables consisting of rollable ribbons. In addition, we have downsized the coating diameter of the individual fibers from 250 um to 200 um and have begun offering space-saving, rollable ribbon cables consisting of 200 um diameter fibers. Meanwhile, onsite optical fiber cable installation now also requires workers to splice a variety of optical fiber cables.
The new S124M12 ribbon fiber fusion splicer is designed to enable the user to replace the V-groove unit. By replacing the V-groove unit with one for 200 um fiber rollable ribbons, the user can splice 200 um fiber rollable ribbon cables using a single fusion splicer. Moreover, the S124M Series of splicers realizes some of the fastest fusion splicing and subsequent heat reinforcement work in the world, thereby allowing users to install ultra-high fiber-count optical fiber cables in a short time.
- Interchangeable V-groove system
- 200 μm coating fiber ribbon is applicable by changing V-groove
- High speed splicing and heating
- Easy operation with touch panel and GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Automatic fiber offset correction support mechanism
- Wi-Fi connection allows wireless control and data management
Launched in January 2020