Furukawa Electric Presents at OFC 2021
- 2021 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC) -
- Furukawa Electric contributes at panels, and technical sessions at OFC 2021
- Latest photonic integrated circuits, optical sub-assemblies and fiber technologies are presented
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Head Office: 2-3, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President: Keiichi Kobayashi; hereafter "Furukawa Electric") announced that its technical experts will give presentations on contributed papers, and participate in panels, and technical sessions at the 2021 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC 2021) held in an all-virtual format. Furukawa Electric focused on accelerating photonic & fiber innovation on next-generation technology in optical fiber communications. We are developing high-performance semiconductor laser chips, photonic integrated circuits, highly integrated optical modules and fibers which focus on a wide range of optical networks from core to data centers and access networks. We report ultra-high-Δ PLC (Planar Lightwave Circuit) to improve the performance and ease the assembly of silicon photonics PIC. For digital coherent system, we report a compact transmitter-receiver optical subassembly using monolithic DBR/Ring laser chip, ultra-high-Δ PLC wavelength locker, InP-based modulator and PLC-based receiver. The achieved electro-optical and optical-electro bandwidths are > 40 GHz which is required in 400-Gb/s data transmission.
Presentations of Furukawa Electric and related organizations
Monday, June 7, 2021
- 10:00 - 10:15 (UTC) Optimizations of Thin Glass Diameter Fibers (M3C.1)
- 11:00 - 11:15 (UTC) Digital Compensation of Residual Pump Dithering in Optical Phase Conjugation of High-Order QAM (M3I.4)
- 14:30 - 14:45 (UTC) Kernel-Based Learning-Aided Phase Noise Compensation in Dual-Pump Optical Phase Conjugation Coherent System (M5F.6)
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
- 4:00 - 4:15 (UTC) 5.5%-Δ-PLC/Silicon Photonics Hybrid Wavelength MUX/DEMUX-and-Switch Device (W1A.4)
Thursday, June 10, 2021
- 15:00 - 17:00 (UTC) Advanced Laser Technologies in Post-100Gbaud Era – Panel (Th5C)
- 15:00 - 17:00 (UTC) Microbending Loss Properties of Different Fiber Designs (Th1A.49)
Friday, June 11, 2021
- 4:00 - 4:15 (UTC) Reduced Impact of Frequency Dithering on the Performance of High-Order Modulation Format Phase Conjugation (F1B.4)
- 5:45 - 6:00 (UTC) Transmitter-Receiver Optical Sub Assembly Using Ultra-Compact Tunable DBR/Ring Laser (F2A.2)
About OFC 2021
Date: June 6 – 11 2021
Official site: OFC
Furukawa Electric is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical fiber cable and laser products enabling optical networking and laser processing under the brand name "FITEL". We released new C+, L+ tunable laser, Raman amplifier. We offer a wide range of light sources, including DFB laser diode chips, laser diode modules (ITLA) for long-distance transmission, and pump laser diode modules to realize next generation large capacity and low power consumption communication. We will continue to support the development of fiber communications systems and contribute to the realization of safe, peaceful and rewarding daily life.
Furukawa Electric Group’s efforts towards the SDGs
Based on the “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” adopted by the United Nations, the Furukawa Electric Group has formulated the “Furukawa Electric Group Vision 2030” which sets the year 2030 as its target and is advancing efforts with the aim to “Build a sustainable world and make people’s life safe, peaceful and rewarding, Furukawa Electric Group will create solutions for the new generation of global infrastructure combining information, energy and mobility.” Toward the achievement of our Vision 2030, we will take open, agile, and innovative approaches to promote ESG management that that aims to increase corporate value over the medium to long term and will contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.