Publication of the “Furukawa Electric Group Integrated Report 2022” and “Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Book 2022”
- Promoting ESG management for sustainable growth and enhancement of the Furukawa Electric Group’s corporate value -
- We have published the “Furukawa Electric Group Integrated Report 2022,” which summarizes the value creation process built into the Medium-term Management Plan 2022-2025 formulated as a milestone for achieving Furukawa Electric Group Vision 2030.
- We have also published the “Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Book 2022,” which summarizes non-financial information including the state of our efforts on the SDGs and the community within the framework of ISO 26000.
- We will continue to promote communication with stakeholders and ESG management aimed at sustainable growth and the improvement of corporate value over the medium- to long-term.
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Head office: 2-6-4 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President: Keiichi Kobayashi) has published the “Furukawa Electric Group Integrated Report 2022” and “Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Book 2022.”
In order to realize sustainable growth and increase medium- to long-term corporate value, we are required as a company to proactively respond to the rapid changes in the business environment and disclose the issues related to sustainability.
In order to realize the goals of Furukawa Electric Group Vision 2030 (hereinafter, “Vision 2030”), Furukawa Electric Group is promoting ESG management with the aim of improving its corporate value over the medium- to long-term.
In order for investors and other stakeholders to deepen their understanding of Furukawa Electric Group’s corporate value over the medium- to long-term, we have published the “Furukawa Electric Group Integrated Report 2022” (hereafter, “Integrated Report 2022”), which summarizes the value creation process directed at 2030, and the “Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Book 2022” (hereafter, “Sustainability Book 2022”), which summarizes non-financial information including our efforts on the SDGs and the community.
The Integrated Report 2022 indicates the “value creation process directed at 2030” built into the Medium-term Management Plan 2022-2025 (hereinafter “2025 Mid-term Plan”) formulated as a milestone for achieving Vision 2030. The 2025 Mid-term Plan introduces ROIC (Return on invested capital) and FVA (value added to invested capital), and in addition to setting financial targets for FY2025, it sets sustainability targets (non-financial targets) for FY2025 in response to the important management issues (materiality) directed at achieving Vision 2030. We have worked to integrate the financial and non-financial/ sustainability strategies, as well as enhance the disclosure of information concerning climate change (carbon neutral), human capital, intellectual property, supply chains and human rights.
The Sustainability Book 2022 was edited with reference to the ISO26000 framework and discloses detailed information concerning our policies, systems, results and data for the group’s sustainability-related issues, which could not be included in detail in the Integrated Report 2022.
We will continue to promote communication with stakeholders and ESG management aimed at Furukawa Electric Group’s sustainable growth and the improvement of corporate value over the medium- to long-term.
Main items of the “Integrated Report 2022”
- Furukawa Electric Group’s Values
- President’s Message：
Aiming for a transformation into a company esteemed for solving social issues, we made ESG central to our implementing the 2025 Mid-term Plan.
- Furukawa Electric Group’s Sustainability
- Message from the General Manager of the Strategy Division：
All of us at the Furukawa Electric Group will take on the challenge of transforming the Group so as to achieve the 2025 Mid-term Plan and the Vision 2030.
- 2025 Mid-term Plan “Road to Vision 2030 -Transform and Challenge-”
- Message from the General Manager of the Finance & Accounting Division：
We will improve capital efficiency and cash generation capabilities of the businesses, and increase corporate value
- Business strategies, Creation of businesses that solve social issues
- Building a governance system to strengthen risk management
- Massage from the Outside Directors：
We will advance the monitoring of Furukawa Electric Group’s aggressive and future-oriented 2025 Mid-term Plan and support the sustainable growth of Furukawa Electric Group
- Developing business activities that consider climate change
- Strengthening Human Capital Management and Organizational Execution Abilities
- Corporate Information/Data
Main items of the “Sustainability Book 2022”
- Organizational governance: Corporate governance; risk management, compliance
- Human rights: Human rights policy, Furukawa Electric Group’s efforts on human rights
- Labor practices: Occupational health and safety, human capital management, diversity
- Environment: Environmental policy, environmental vision, environmental management, climate change, water resources
- Fair business practices: Supply chain, and the promotion of CSR in the procurement activities
- Consumer issues: Quality
- Community participation: Relationships with local communities and society
- ESG Data
The Integrated Report 2022 and the Sustainability Book 2022 are available on the Furukawa Electric website.
Furukawa Electric website “Sustainability” page
Furukawa Electric Group’s efforts towards the SDGs
Based on the “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” adopted by the United Nations, Furukawa Electric Group has formulated the “Furukawa Electric Group Vision 2030” which sets the year 2030 as its target and is advancing efforts with the aim to “Build a sustainable world and make people’s life safe, peaceful and rewarding, Furukawa Electric Group will create solutions for the new generation of global infrastructure combining information, energy and mobility.” Toward the achievement of our Vision 2030, we will take open, agile, and innovative approaches to promote ESG management that aims to increase corporate value over the medium to long term and will contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.