Furukawa Electric Group to exhibit next generation technologies at OFC 2023 (#3229)
- Furukawa Electric will exhibit at OFC 2023, to be held in the United States on March 7 - 9, 2023
- High performance connectors, laser products, a Forward Raman Unit and technology related to CPO will be introduced
- We will exhibit Multicore fibers, FI/FO devices, connectors for multicore fiber and fusion splicers for multicore fibers
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Head office: 2-6-4 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President: Keiichi Kobayashi) will exhibit at OFC (Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition) 2023, the world’s largest optical communications exhibition to be held in San Diego, California on March 7 - 9, 2023 (Technical conference will begin on March 5).
Optical components and future technologies
At OFC 2023, we will exhibit high performance optical connectors, optical laser products and a Forward Raman Unit. In addition to these, we will introduce our initiatives for CPO (Co-Packaged Optics) directed at the realization of photonics-electronics convergence.
Optical fiber related products to upgrade the telecom network
Furukawa Electric and OFS Fitel, LLC, a member of Furukawa Electric Group, are working together to develop optical fiber related products. We will exhibit an O-band amplifier, 4 core multicore fibers(note), FI/FO devices, optical connectors for multicore fibers and fusion splicers for multicore fiber.
At the technical conference, we will give presentations in technical sessions about multicore fibers, nonlinear fibers, new amplification technology and laser sources for silicon photonics.
Monday, March 6, 2023
- 14:15~(UTC) Uncoupled 6-Core Fibers With a Standard 125-um Cladding, ITU-T G.652 Optical Properties, and Low XT(M3B.2)
- 14:30~(UTC) Invited- MCF Manufacturing(M3B.3)
Wednesday, Marth 8, 2023
- 10:30~(UTC) Quasi-Constant Signal Power Transmission With Low Signal RIN by DRA With Incoherent-Forward and Coherent-Backward Pumps(W2A.11)
- 10:30~(UTC) 4-Core Fiber Narrow Pitch Fanout Comprised of Tapered High-Δ MCF(W2A.12)
- 16:30~(UTC) 8-Channel CWDM TOSA for CPO External Laser Sources Employing a Blind Mate Connector(W4B.1)
Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 8:00~(UTC) Invited- Design and Applications of Highly Nonlinear Fibers(Th1B.1)
- 10:30~(UTC) Low Fusion Splice Loss Technique for Multicore Fiber With 2- and 3-Electrode Fusion Splicers(Th2A.10)
|Date||March 7-9, 2023 (Conference will begin on March 5)|
|Venue||San Diego Convention Center (in San Diego, California)|
|Booth number||3229 (OFS Fitel, LLC booth)|
（note）FI/FO device: Fan in, fan out. Device that separates a single multicore fiber into multiple single-core fibers. Used for connecting to standard single-core fiber equipment and devices.
Furukawa Electric Group’s efforts towards the SDGs
Based on the “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” adopted by the United Nations, Furukawa Electric Group has formulated the “Furukawa Electric Group Vision 2030” which sets the year 2030 as its target and is advancing efforts with the aim to “Build a sustainable world and make people’s life safe, peaceful and rewarding, Furukawa Electric Group will create solutions for the new generation of global infrastructure combining information, energy and mobility.” Toward the achievement of our Vision 2030, we will take open, agile, and innovative approaches to promote ESG management that aims to increase corporate value over the medium to long term and will contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.